27 December 2011

lookdownlookout 18.12.11

These photos were taken in the Scottish National Portrait Gallery which just reopened at the end of November after 2 years of restoration and renovation. When I used to work at the Galleries this was my always my favourite site and I think that they've done a really great job of renewing it. From what I've heard and seen it has been really busy and seems to be a great success so far.

The top photos were taken in the library which used to be closed to the public but has now been moved to a different room and opened up. It is a lovely room and I really like the big round lampshades and the bookcases showing off the collection.



This is the entrance hall of the SNPG looking particularly lovely at Christmas. The paintings and the gilding have been carefully restored and the space has been modernised with some computer information points sensitively put at one side. This is definitely somewhere I intend to visit lots in 2012.




No comments:

Post a Comment