10 November 2011

lookdownlookout 20.10.11

We spent so much of our time wandering through old palaces and temples that it would be wrong not to include at least one shot of these striking red buildings with intricate woodwork and deep yellow tiled roofs (the colour of royalty). 


Another thing that fascinated me in China was the artfully erected scaffolding supporting the wizened old trees. It seemed to appear everywhere, on trees big and small, and this photo is a wee reminder of how much the Chinese obviously value them.





I know that Beijing is infamously smoggy, but it still felt strange that I didn't see a blue sky once when I was there. It was almost oppressing at times and made me wonder how the Chinese aren't more radically committed to climate change, especially since they can physically see the effects in front of them!





No comments:

Post a Comment